Thursday, December 14, 2017

Ashley Campbell Readies The Lonely One For A March Release

Ashley Campbell announced earlier this week that she will release her debut album on March 9, 2018. She co-wrote every song on it including the title track, "The Lonely One."
"This is the theme of the album and the songs reflect the different kinds of loneliness that a person can go through"
On the difficulty of separating her own musical story/journey with her famous father, Glen Campbell.
"You can’t really hide the fact that I’m Glen Campbell’s daughter. I hope that people don’t think that it’s the only thing that I am. I would hope that my music and my musicianship would speak for itself. Hopefully, they can connect with my music separately. On the other hand, it has helped a lot. It helps a lot because people have a lot of love for my dad so they seem a little more open to hearing my music and hearing what I have to say."
On the album:
"I want people to be able to listen to it years from now and not identify it with a specific time or era."
On her definition of country music:
"Country music to Ashley Campbell is the telling of an emotional story. It doesn’t matter if it’s happy or sad or nostalgic. It just has to tell a story and evoke some kind of emotion and be real while doing it."

No comments:

Post a Comment